Saturday, July 19, 2008

"The Dark Knight" makes Box Office History

Beating out Spider-Man 3 for opening day box office revenue, Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trumped all previous first-day earnings at $66.4 million. I saw the movie at midnight on Friday morning at Universal City Walk, and I believe most theaters throughout the southland and the rest of the country met the demands of the public by offering screenings all morning. I saw some people waiting for their 3 AM screening when I was leaving the theater around 2:30. This finding doesn't shock me at all, and I know it will continue to do well as the summer stretches on, possibly topping even more records. It's certainly in the running for all-time top grossing opening weekend sales.

Read the Associated Press' brief article here: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iUrp4FEo_7YQxrTpBze-Hk4ob7PAD92104UG0

No comments: