Monday, December 8, 2008

New School Provost to Serve on Obama's Department of Defense Transition Team

My faculty kicks ass.

All New School students received this email from President Bob Kerrey today:

It is with some sadness and some pleasure that I tell you that Joseph Westphal has joined President-Elect Obama’s Transition Team for the Department of Defense. His work will require that he spend significant time in Washington and, as such, we have agreed that he cannot do both this historic mission and devote the time necessary to the Provost’s office.

So, the pleasure I feel is pride in my friend Joe and his being singled out by the new administration for this important work.

So proud of my school...

1 comment:

camerontw said...

http://chronicle.com/news/article/5634/new-school-faculty-members-may-hold-no-confidence-vote-in-bob-kerrey