Friday, February 6, 2009

Ah, the concept of celebrity


I must apologize for my extended absence. I'm taking some pretty intense courses this semester, and have found myself inside most nights of this past week reading.

Is it odd that I feel a nagging sense of guilt when I haven't updated in several days? That I have more loyalty to my blog than to my class readings? Quite possibly, but these nagging feelings are real, I tell you!

Anyway, I've been reading essays and chapters in books and more essays on the evolution to the current form of celebrity that we "celebrate" daily. I'll have to post more about this because it is fascinating stuff.

One tidbit I found amusing: my friend and I were discussing the possibility of life outside of the planet Earth, and he said it was highly unlikely. "Possible, but highly unlikely. Although, aliens did build the pyramids."

"Well aliens might have built the pyramids," I said, "but actually pyramids were probably only built as the Pharaohs' publicity stunts." Ruminate on THAT.

Yeah, I've been reading too much celebrity cultural theory.

No comments: